Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We May Fall, but We Will Not Go Headlong

Readings:
Psalm 37
Ephesians 6:1-9

Focus:
Psalm 37:24: "Though he may fall, he will not go headlong, for the Lord grasps him by the hand."

Christians are not promised a trouble-free life. We may indeed have difficult periods in our life. Sicknesses may come. We may lose our jobs or our loved ones. Unfair things may happen to us. We may fall.

But we will not go headlong, for the Lord grasps us by the hand. In the midst of any troubles that come to us, God is there with us. I learned that very well when I had cancer. God even let me know just before I got my diagnosis that he was going to care for me specially (see this post), and then he stayed with me throughout my illness in an amazing way.

I have seen this happen for many other people struck with incredible suffering, yet buoyed with the love of Christ. And the same can be true for anyone going through a hard time. God will not abandon those who love him. We may fall, but we will not go headlong.

No comments:

Post a Comment