Tuesday, July 20, 2010

God Does Not Abandon Those Who Seek Him

Readings:
Psalm 9
II Corinthians 12:11-21

Focus:
Psalm 9:10: "Those who acknowledge your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, do not abandon those who seek you."

One thing I know to be true about God is that he is absolutely faithful. He never abandons anyone who trusts him. Anyone who turns to him will find him to be an utter source of confidence.

Sometimes it is not always obvious how God is working things out. Sometimes it takes a long time to see how God is there. Sometimes things seem dark and desperate. And sometimes things in this life are not good.

Yet in the long run, God is there with those who turn to him. God is there in the end. The dark of night will turn to the brightness of morning. God does not abandon those who seek him.

2 comments:

  1. This is the thrill I get from being a follower - that despite all I do (real or just thought about) cannot separate me from his love.

    His faithfulness is amazing! My faithfulness limps along....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it! And no matter what happens to us. I sure found that out when I had cancer.

    ReplyDelete