Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Communicating about God in Spite of Ourselves

Readings:
Psalm 10
II Corinthians 13

Focus:
II Corinthians 13:7: "Our prayer to God is that you may do no wrong, not that we should win approval; we want you to do what is right, even if we should seem failures."

Sometimes when I write a blog like this I think that it's kind of presumptuous for me to be writing about God and how to live for him, and how to live the way he wants. I'm keenly aware of how I mess up all the time.

My prayer in writing this blog is to communicate about God in spite of myself. People who know me well know that I'm all too human, and that I am riddled with flaws--just as everyone else is. I don't always succeed at doing the things that I talk about in my blog.

But I do want to be what I talk about--and it's what I want for everyone else, too. And I believe that God's word is strong enough to communicate past me. So that's what this blog is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment