Sunday, December 20, 2009

Confessing Christ

Readings:
II Kings 13
John 18:1-27

Focus:
John 18:27:"Once again Peter denied it; and at that moment a cock crowed."

I often wonder what I would do if I were in a situation of danger, and safety depended on my denying that I was a Christian. What I really hope is that I would be true to God. But I fear that I would be a coward. After all, when it came to the crunch, Peter himself denied that he knew Jesus.

But later Peter went on to do bold things for Christ, defying authorities and receiving punishments. That is the kind of example I hope to emulate. It is my frequent prayer that I would remain strong.

P. S. It is interesting to be reading about Jesus' death and resurrection at Christmastime, but that is where my daily readings have taken me. Perhaps God will have something to teach us through this juxtaposition.

No comments:

Post a Comment